Medical writer (Med Comm) - Part-time - 6 months - Global Pharma - Home-based, UK6 months contractHome-based + travelsGenerous hourly rate
One of my main pharmaceutical strategic partner is now seeking an expert freelance writer with exceptional communication skills in order to interact with clients. The role involves travel to EU cities (such as London, Zurich, Madrid, Frankfort) for on-site work. Off-site work can be performed home-based in the UK.
The purpose of the role is to manage and complete assigned Medical Communications deliverables at high quality standards and in accordance with agreed timelines. Projects include manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide sets, satellite symposia content, congress or advisory board reports, publication planning and medical education materials for internal medical and/or clinical teams.
The expert writer will have experience in the following deliverables:
- Advisory Boards
- MSL Education and Training Days
- Standalones and Satellite Symposia
- Congress Reports
The succesful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Ability to maintain calm and focus in high-stress on-site environments
- Ability to travel
- Ability to handle extremely fast turn-around times (e.g. 1-2 weeks for an ad board report)
- Demonstrate a command of assigned therapeutic areas and expertise with assigned products
- Research and write original content for publications activities (primary and review manuscripts, abstracts, posters), slide presentations and other materials based on direction and materials supplied by customers
- As needed, serve as scientific resource to for content review and approval
- Research, develop and write content that is scientifically accurate, evidence-based, grammatically accurate, referenced using appropriate sources, and consistent with quality standards for author review, customer review as appropriate, and scientific peer review
- Prepare materials according to internal writing guidelines and any other applicable guidelines
- Clearly communicate medical scientific concepts in a condensed, audience-appropriate way
- Follow all internal processes and procedures with regard to workflow, development of deliverables, and adherence to industry best practices, including GPP2
- Demonstrate the flexibility/adaptability necessary to function on different therapeutic teams as needed
- Interpret and apply clinical data in medical communication deliverables
- Work in conjunction with account management and manager to develop and adhere to logical and attainable timelines for project completion
- Provide input and aid in troubleshooting/problem-solving
- Collate and incorporate author/customers comments
- Lead and/or participate in author/client teleconferences and answer content-related questions
- Minimum science degree or equivalent. MSc, PhD, PharmD, or MD would be desirable
- Must have excellent written English as well as being verbally fluent in English. Other languages not required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in medical communicationsMedical writing experience
- Good understanding of industry work processes for publications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
SRG is the market leading supplier of Clinical and Drug development recruitment services to the Life Sciences industries. By putting people at the heart of what we do we are the catalyst that connects the best talent with organisations in the pursuit of 'Creating Tomorrow's World'& helping patients world-wide.
HOW TO APPLY?
For an immediate consideration please press 'apply' now, alternatively contact Arnaud Heroult on +44 (0)203 096 4712 and get more information about the role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the EU/UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.