Are you a recent science graduate, looking for that break within the scientific Industry? SRG are currently looking for a biology technician to join a...
Job Title: Cell Biology Technician
Salary: £11.25 an hour
Contract: 6 months
SRG is working with a global-leading Agrochemical company committed to producing sustainable crop solutions producing a range of herbicides, fungicides and insecticides.
They are currently seeking a Cell Biology Technician to assist in the production of double haploid (DH) wheat for their crop breeding programmes.
As a Cell Biology Technician you will be undertake procedures in the laboratory, controlled environment and glasshouse based tasks as needed.
- Range of growth room procedures including seed sowing, counting, pollinating and harvesting
- Dissect seeds under a microscope in the tissue culture laboratory
- Laboratory tasks including application of chemicals
- Recording of electronic laboratory data
- Be educated to degree level in Biology, Plant Science or a relevant scientific subject
- Experience within an academic or professional laboratory of any the following techniques:
- Aseptic technique
- Plant tissue culture
- Light microscopy, particularly dissection microscopy
- Chemical handling e.g. use of pipette
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise your workload
- Knowledge and a keen interest in plant science
Apply online today or email your CV . For more information on the role please call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 8682248.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.