Fixed term contract - 6 months
£18-20k per annum
I'm working in partnership with a Cambridge-based research/biotech organisation to assist them in hiring a LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN for a busy, customer-facing team, on a 6 month basis.
Key role requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Organising the shipping of scientific product-lines and services under particular regulatory conditions - assessing the best shipment method and courier and organising collections.
- Examine and sign-off outgoing shipments to be sure that all internal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Preparing waybills and certifications.
- Updating and maintaining accurate shipment records on an in-house database to prove that all shipments meet EU and international protocols.
- Handling customs and delivery delays efficiently and with great customer care - updating customers by telephone and email and escalation of any complaints or issues surrounding the timely delivery of their product.
- Support the Scientific teams with internal shipment requests between cost-codes.
- Adhere to all SOP's, monitor and suggest new SOP's relevant to the Logistics team performance and delivery.
- Strong customer care background and a keen interest in Science.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate, methodical and meticulous.
- Deadline-orientated and able to work well in a busy and demanding environment under minimal supervision.
- A degree or equivalent, in a Biology-based discipline would be beneficial, though not essential.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.