Ink Lab Technician
Permanent, full time
West of Cambridge
Working for an established and revolutionary digital print specialist based just outside of Cambridge - this role represents a great opportunity to use existing skills and develop a broad range of expertise in a specialist chemical manufacturing environment alongside experienced mentors.
Key role requirements include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and characterisation of digital ink formulations
- Using a variety of lab techniques to analyse inks, mill-bases and raw materials
- Coordination of supply to both internal and external customers/users
- Working alongside the Ink Scientists to support the milling of pigment dispersion's through the set-up and operation of bead mills.
- Adhering to all lab SOP's and regulatory guidelines to ensure a safe and well stocked lab and that any non-conformance's are highlighted from a quality perspective.
- You will demonstrate some practical hands-on lab skills ideally from within a production facility where inks or fluid formulations are created.
- Demonstrable ability to carry out hands-on lab procedures by following SOP's in a meticulous manner.
- Capacity to assimilate new skills and methods of working - training will be provided in all new areas of the role.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and databases.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to react and work flexibly to changing demands, good numerical skills and ability to record result data accurately and efficiently.
Do this sound like your next job-move? Are you wanting to use your ink/formulation science in a unique and world-class technology environment?
Apply now by attaching your CV in Word along with any other information relevant to support your application.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.