Job Title: Senior Analytical ChemistSalary: £35,000 £42,000 Dependant on experienceLocation: ManchesterSRG is working with one of the world's leading suppliers of speciality chemical products. They...
Production Chemist required, based in Lancashire. Requiring a minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and laboratory experience from an industrial environment, with good wet chemistry skills.
Title: Production Chemist
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with company specialising in the development and manufacture of speciality chemicals for a range of markets. As a result of continued growth, they have created a new position and now looking to hire a Production Chemist to provide the technical link between R&D, QC, and Production. The role would be ideal for a Chemistry graduate with proven laboratory experience in an industrial environment - this could be from a placement or post-university experience.
Benefits: A highly successful and long established business offering an opportunity with full training provided and tailored support for professional development. Offering 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Excellent company pension scheme and an annual bonus. 37.5 working hours per week, 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (flexible start and finish times).
Role / Description
- Providing a technical liaison between R&D, QC and Production teams
- Supporting Production to resolve technical problems affecting product quality and process efficiency
- Devising and monitoring experimental work to investigate root causes of production issues and bottlenecks
- Working with Production to optimise processes, including maximising process yield and throughput
- Working with the R&D team to support the introduction of new products, processes and manufacturing routes through laboratory work and on-plant support
- Preparing various documentation for the resolution of problems or for the introduction of new products/variants onto plants.
- Conducting analyses of raw material, products and intermediates in support of the QC team
- Preparing samples of products/intermediates at the technical development stage to meet the requirements of internal and external customers.
- Minimum BSc Degree in Chemistry
- Previous laboratory experience, using wet chemistry skills in an industrial working environment
- Strong, adaptable communication skills
- Able to work autonomously on multiple projects and report on findings
- Able to demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills
- Motivated, driven attitude and a desire to learn
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a graduate of Chemistry who already has some technical experience in the chemical industry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jenni on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, production, QC, R&D, laboratory, chemical, inorganic, process, technical support, bachelors, BSc, graduate,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.