Recruitment Consultant - Life Science
Regent Centre, Newcastle
£20,000 - £25,000 DOE + Bonus - OTE £30,000 - £40,000 year one
Science Grad, but prefer people to pipettes? Maybe the perfect job has eluded you so far? Maybe you found something after graduating but you're not getting the buzz from what you're doing and it's a bit too routine for you now? Do you want to start a career where you can have unrivalled earning potential, that lets you solve puzzles with people all day long and helps shape the world of Life Sciences in the North East? We have the opportunity for you.
SRG, part of the Impellam Group, has been trading since 1990 in the life sciences and engineering sectors, with a proven track record and enviable client relationships. You could take our word for this, or you can look at the facts- SRG as a brand has won multiple awards in the recruitment sector, we've turned over £82M in 2017, enjoy a 60% market share, employ over 100 people across 9 offices in the UK with an average length of service of 4.5 years. It's an exciting, vibrant place to be- especially in our brand new Newcastle premises, working with our growing team.
We're looking for a bright and motivated graduate, ideally from a science background but someone who at least thinks science is pretty cool is a must, who is looking for an interesting and challenging role that marries scientific knowledge with people skills to join our talented, warm and fun colleagues in our Newcastle family, working across the Life Science market from Bench to Board.
In a nutshell, you would be...
- Solving recruitment "pain points" for our clients and candidates, facilitating a smooth process for both parties
- Identifying and sourcing top talent for new roles given to us by our clients
- Promoting and developing the SRG brand in the North East, growing our reach of business and bringing in even more exciting opportunities to present to our candidates
- Consulting with the local talent on what opportunities are there for them to consider for their next career move, and forging long term partnerships with them
Our ideal candidate...
- Has worked in a sales or customer service role before, and likes "human contact"
- Is degree educated- science degrees aren't essential, but we like people who are technically minded and who will be able to push themselves to "learn the lingo" of their market and broaden their understanding
- Someone who likes to win- we need someone who thrives on hitting big targets, and had the motivation and determination to achieve these
- Wants to work for a recognisable brand, and embodies the core professionalism that goes along with our history
- Is career driven and wants to progress and will push themselves for this
- Is personable, fun and likes to solve puzzles... and someone who wants to be part of a tight knit team is perfect for us!
What we offer you...
- A very competitive basic salary depending on experience- we're looking at a basic between £20-25K depending on your experience
- Solid quarterly bonus structure- depending on your targets, you could be looking at between 3-5K per quarter on top of your salary
- 23 Days Holiday + Statutory (and your birthday off!) - increasing with longer service
- Contributory pension scheme (3% and 3%)
- Flexible Benefits- pick the package that suits your lifestyle
- Career For Life- opportunities to move roles within SRG or to other brands within Impellam Group
For a confidential chat, please call Kat Reid, Internal Recruiter on 0161 868 2245 to discuss the role in more detail.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.