Specialist Research Scientist - sensory / palatability studies
Permanent full time position - Leicestershire - Non-lab based
Salary up to £30,000 dependant on experience
Are you PhD educated or have equivalent experience within industry performing sensory or palatability studies? My client is a world leading institution based in Leicestershire and are performing sensory studies for domestic animals, as such they require a suitably qualified individual with an understanding of the chemistry of flavour formulation or flavour analysis and who is able to project manage up to two sensory studies simultaneously.The Successful candidate
- You will be PhD educated with a background in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences or Biochemistry or related
- You will have an understanding of the Chemistry of flavour formulation or organic chemistry and want to work outside of the lab
- You will have the ability to project manage studies
- You will have a background in any or all of the following - animal studies (companion animal preferably) / Sensory studies from the food industry (e.g. wine / coffee tasting) The Role
- Based in Leicestershire you will project manage studies into the palatability of foodstuffs for the animal market
- You will liaise with teams involved in flavour development and also the biochemistry of flavour response
- You will calculate concentrations of components and ensure that the test material is correctly formulated
- You will write protocols for these studies and also aid in the design of these studies.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a well known and well respected institute and use your scientific training to aid in the development of animal nutrition. To discuss the role further please call Oliver on 0121 7288454 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.