SRG is working exclusively with company specialising in the development and manufacture of speciality chemicals for a range of markets. As a result of continued...
Materials Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring a minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemistry/Polymer Science and hands-on experience of thermal analysis and mechanical testing
Title: Materials Chemist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with company specialising in the development and manufacture of speciality polymers for a range of markets. As a result of continued growth, they have created a new position and now looking to hire a Materials Chemist to support the team in the mechanical and thermal analysis of polymer materials. The role would be ideal for someone with practical experience of thermal or mechanical analytical techniques such as DSC or DMA. Experience should be underpinned with a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar.
Benefits: A highly successful, global business offering an opportunity to join a growing, specialised team and support innovation, with lots of potential for project management. Significant focus on employee welfare Offering 27 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Excellent company pension scheme and private healthcare. 37.5 working hours per week, 8am - 4pm, Monday to Friday (flexible start and finish times).
Role / Description
- Day-to-day operation materials testing equipment eg. Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC), Tensometer, Compression Set Apparatus, etc.
- Generating, analysing and interpreting thermal and mechanical data that supports the value proposition for speciality polymer materials
- Using data and knowledge generated to contribute toward the development of new, innovative products.
- Developing current testing methods and expanding capabilities to demonstrate structure-property relationships for materials and showcase the durability profile
- Minimum BSc Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar discipline
- Hands-on experience of thermal or mechanical testing techniques - including Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), tensometry or Dynamic Mechanical Analysis - gained in a university or industrial laboratory setting
- Strong data interpretation and report writing skills
- Inquisitive mind set, with a passion for laboratory-based work
- Pro-active and unafraid to take the initiative
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with thermal/mechanical testing experience to expand their capabilities in a growing team.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, polymer, polymeric, BSc, MSc, PhD, polymer science, mechanical, thermal, analysis, testing, DSC, calorimetry, tensile strength, tensometer, tensometry, DMA, dynamic mechanical analysis, data
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.