Development Analyst required on 6 month contract, based in Cheshire. Requiring significant practical experience of HPLC and GC, gained in an industrial laboratory. Must have prior experience of GMP.
Title: Development Analyst
Salary: Up to £34,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
6 month contract, paid weekly.
SRG is working with a leading chemicals manufacturer who supply raw materials for a range of medical-grade products. Due a brand new project, they are now looking for an experienced Development Analyst to join the team, initially on a 6 month contract, at their new facility in Cheshire. The role will involve testing and developing methods using HPLC and GC, reporting results and writing SOPs for new methods. This position would be well suited to someone with significant experience of HPLC and GC in a GMP environment.
Benefits: Opportunity to be part of a brand new project team, developing analytical methods for a new product line. Potential to extend beyond 6 months. 37.5 working hours per week, flexible start/finish times with core hours between 9.30am and 4pm.
Role / Description:
- Establishing and validating procedures for lab equipment
- Preparing and testing chemical samples using HPLC and GC using SOPs
- Recording and analysing test data, producing reports on results
- Generating or adapting protocols based on test data, ensuring methods are fit for purpose
- Developing new methods and writing new SOPs accordingly
- Maintaining, calibrating and performance testing equipment
- Writing and conducting safety/risk assessments for procedures, techniques and technologies
- Maintain inventory of materials, equipment and consumables
- Minimum degree level qualification in Chemistry or relevant discipline
- Significant practical experience of HPLC and GC
- Prior laboratory experience in a GMP environment
- Ideally, previous experience of writing or contributing to SOPs, protocols or safety assessments
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Versatile, adaptable and able to change priorities according to situation
This role would be an excellent opportunity for and experienced analyst with expertise in HPLC and GC to support a major new project in a global company.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jenni on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: HPLC, GC, high performance liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, chromatography, chemistry, analyst, analytical, pharmaceutical, medical grade, GMP, cGMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, wet chemistry, medical device, laboratory, quality, chemical
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.