You will be a senior member of the NGS Clonal Amplification Team, reporting to the Subsystem Lead and responsible for a subset of the team...
Process Development Scientist
Salary - competitive and commensurate with experience
Do you have experience in developing bio-molecule, enzymatic or DNA manufacturing protocols?
Would you like to work for an award winning biotechnology with innovative DNA technology?
My client, an established Biotechnology company in London, with a unique and high quality DNA manufacturing platform technology with uses an in-vitro enzymatic process. They have a role available for an experienced process development scientist in their expanding Manufacturing/CMC Development Group.
The successful applicant will play an important role in product specific development of DNA manufacturing processes. This will involve working in a team focussed on establishing critical parameters and controls using design of experiments approach; industrial scale up and technical transfer of processes to third parties/GMP manufacturing organisations. This new role presents an exciting opportunity, with the successful applicant being involved in a range of process development projects. Subject to relevant experience of the candidate, there may also be opportunities to lead projects and/or teams of development scientists in future.
This position will be highly collaborative, within the Manufacturing Development function and also with the Manufacturing, Innovation and Research teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with outside collaborators and contractors as required.
To be considered you'll need the following skills, experience and qualifications;
- A PhD level qualification in Biochemistry / Protein chemistry / Molecular Biology or equivalent industrial experience.
- In addition, experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting.
- Familiarity with standard bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatographic and filtration methods of separation.
- Familiarity with standard Molecular Biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, mutagenesis and in related specialised DNA characterisation techniques.
- Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments. In addition, experience of writing technical reports to a standard suitable for submission to regulatory authorities.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills and an ability to learn new techniques.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and balance workload demands is vital.
- Experience in process characterisation and qualification.
- Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency with design of experiments software and techniques would be highly beneficial.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 0203 0964706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.