Chromatography technician17000 plus benefitsGloucestershire
The company are well placed in the food industry and provide scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide
This is an entry level role and would suit someone with A levels in Science or a new chemistry graduate
- Carry out analysis of foodstuffs and materials relating to the food industry according to client instructions, within agreed timescales.
- Carry out administrative tasks relating to analytical work e.g. sample receipt and booking in of samples into LabWARE LIMS
- Perform method development activates under the direction of a senior analyst.
- Collect data and produce reports.
- Ensure all aspects of Quality are managed according to standards, including maintaining QC records for global migration tests
- Maintenance of UKAS accredited methods relating to migration
- Calibration, maintenance and daily monitoring of lab equipments e.g. balances, pipettes
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A-levels in science (minimum) related subject and/or relevant laboratory experience
- Experience using Microsoft packages - word/excel/outlook/PowerPoint
- Experience working within an accreditation scheme
- Ability to work in a small team
- Flexibility to work on a number of tasks and manage prioritie
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to James.Windridge@srg.co.uk For more information regarding this position or any others, please call James on 0121 728 8450
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.