£22,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience)
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456
My client is a leading provider of chemical waste treatment, disposal and recycling services in the UK, and we are currently recruiting a Site Chemist with HNC qualification or above in Chemistry or a related subject, to work at their waste treatment facility in Cardiff.
On offer is an outdoors, day's based role where you will receive on the job training from industry experts to allow you to progress within the waste management/environmental industry. This is an excellent opportunity to join this forward thinking market leader as they continue to expand and develop cutting edge solutions with in a growth industry. There is real potential here to develop in an ever-growing sector.
General Accountabilities and Key Tasks:-
- Assisting the Senior Site Chemist and the Site Manager
- The safe management of associated procedures relating to the efficient reception, inspection and routing of waste materials on site.
- Implementation and development of process modelling and control.
- Provision of technical support to the operation, including the running and development of existing and new processes.
- Compliance with the company's EPR Permit and other regulatory consents.
- Compliance with the company's operating procedures.
- Compliance with the company's health and safety policy, site safety rules and environmental policy of all personnel.
- Provision of supervision and training with regard to company procedures and work instructions.
- Maintenance and development of paperwork and operational systems.
- Liaison with other company departments.
- Compliance with all relevant environmental and health and safety procedures
- Development and maintenance of housekeeping procedures to ensure a clean and tidy site that fully meets compliance standards
We are looking for someone with an interest in chemistry and lab experience from studies or industrial work. You will not be afraid "to roll your sleeve's up" and will have an analytical approach. This is very much a hands-on role with a lot of outdoor work in an industrial environment (85-90% outdoor/10-15% laboratory).
We are looking for someone with some relevant experience and a desire to work within the waste management/environmental sector.
- Relevant degree (or HNC)
- Some industrial lab experience
- Report writing skills
- Familiarity with analytical techniques
- "Can do" attitude
- Full training (including environmental legislation and regulation) provided. Great opportunity to build a real career.
- Must be permitted to work in the UK.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.