Scientist - Cell Based Assays / BioAssays
Based in Central Ireland
€33,000 - €40,000 + Bonus + Relocation + Benefits
Do you have experience in running quantitative and qualitative analysis using immunochemistry or cell based assays?
Would you like to work for a leading global Pharmaceutical Research and Development organisation?
My client is a leading global research organisation providing drug discovery and development solutions to global Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical clients. Due to continued success and growth, a unique permanent opportunity has arisen to work as a Scientist within their state-of-the-art GMP Cellular testing department.Cell-based assays, or bioassays, are designed to establish the potency and stability of a drug substance/product. Potency assays are necessary for regulatory submission and lot release, and must be validated to meet international guidelines and under GMP quality system compliance. Under limited supervision, the Scientist's primary responsibilities involve supporting the design, conduct and oversight of development projects to create and validate new bioassay methods, enhancing existing methods, and transferring client-provided methods.
Additional responsibilities may include consulting with clients, training of junior scientists, troubleshooting of instruments and method performance, and preparing technical reports and papers.
To be considered you will need the following Qualifications, Skills and Experience;
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. in Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology immunology or cell biology
- Experience in developing cellular and immunologically based assays
- Direct hands-on experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis using immunochemistry or cell based assay techniques is required
- Strong foundation of knowledge in biological sciences and good aseptic technique is essential
- Ability to develop analytical methods to meet international system suitability expectations is desired
- Experience training junior scientists is desirable
- Working knowledge of ICH and USP guidelines and FDA GMP regulatory requirements is desired
- Good verbal and written communication skills are expected
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on +442030964706
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.