A new exciting opportunity to join a reputable organisation in West Sussex as a Material Technician -Night Shift.As a Material Technician you will be resoibsible...
Quality Control (QC) Materials Technician required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow
Title - QC Materials Technician
Location - Glasgow
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with an innovative and fast growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced QC Materials Technician to work within their GMP facility. Working as part of the QC team you will assist in the receipt, release and storage of consumables, biologicals and raw materials. You will ensure operational excellence and compliance to GMP procedures in all areas. The role would be suited to someone with experience in material stores within a GMP environment.
Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
- Receipt, control and release of biologicals, raw materials and consumables to GMP requirements.
- Contacting suppliers to request appropriate documentation and inspection of materials received into the QC stores department.
- Preparation of Bill of Materials (BOMs) for GMP manufacturing.
- Performing stock control and ensuring stock rotation is performed and maintained.
- Perform investigations and identify root cause for deviations.
- Ensuring work is performed in accordance with policies including the provision of COSHH/BIOCOSHH/Risk assessments.
- Train and supervise other members of staff.
- Prepare and maintain documentation to appropriate quality standards.
- Assist line manager in laboratory management activities and communicate within your own department to ensure that all relevant information is forwarded to the appropriate personnel on a regular and timely basis. Provide regular updates to your line manager regarding progress on required duties and the status of any projects.
- The ideal candidate will have a HND or HNC in a Biological discipline along with experience in QC material receipt and release.
- It is essential that you have experience working in GMP stores, releasing materials, performing material inspections, checking certificates and preparing GMP documentation.
- You must have high attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, work to deadlines and deliver results as well as excellent communication and organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GMP, material control, receipt, release, goods in, stores, warehouse, raw materials, consumables, QC, Quality Control
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.