R&D ChemistPaints IndustryLeicestershire25-35KDo you have experience in the formulation of paints or inks?Our client is at the forfront of surface coating technolgies and is committed...
R&D Chemist required, based in Merseyside. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar with lab-based experience of product development, ideally within the chemical industry
Title: R&D Chemist
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with a market leader in the manufacture of chemical additives for application in the polymer and plastics industries. As a result of continued growth, they are now looking to add an R&D Chemist to global development team. The role would be ideal for degree-qualified Chemist or Polymer Scientist with experience of lab-based product development.
Benefits: A successful, global company experiencing continued growth, offering an opportunity to join an innovative and busy team. Offering 20 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days. Other benefits include an excellent company pension scheme and private healthcare. Working hours 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Working in conjunction with a senior chemist to develop new additive products in support of long term development projects
- Using design of experiments to contribute to development process
- Making up formulations for testing purposes
- Testing samples using plastic processing equipment (extruders/injection moulding)
- Collating, analysing and questioning test and application data to inform further development product improvement
- Interacting with other technical teams, production and customers to understand requirements, communicate project developments and proved technical support.
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, Polymer Science or other relevant discipline
- Previous experience in lab-based product development and understanding of the development process
- Excellent attention to detail and a questioning nature
- Able to manage projects and priorities effectively
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with R&D/product development experience looking to take the next step in their career.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: development, product development, formulation, laboratory, chemistry, polymer science, polymer, injection, polymer, plastic, pvc, dye, masterbatch, ink, coating, paint, pigment, dispersion, cosmetics, surfactants, detergents, personal care, household care, lubricants, additives, speciality, injection moulding
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.