Are you an expert in Production? An opportunity has arisen for a Unit Manager to lead a team of 10- 12 near Cambridge.About the organisation:You...
Do you hold some laboratory or scientific production experience, and sound supervisory experience? Are you looking for a role where you can supervise others on a formal basis within a Scientific Production area, taking forward a combined Production and QC area, and delivering to strict output schedules?
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area are a successful company undergoing continued growth, working in the field of Diagnostic kit production.
My client is now seeking a candidate to join their Laboratory Production team to supervise staff within the manufacturing team; planning and carrying out the manufacture of reagents and related products.
The main responsibilities of the Production Supervisor:
* Formally supervise staff within the manufacturing team
o Performance reviews, training, support
* Laboratory production of liquid diagnostic reagents from raw materials.
* Coating of ELISA plates with disease extracts.
* Automated coating of slides with extracts
o Operator set up of slide coating equipment
o Operation and monitoring of equipment
* Production of reagents and slides will involve a mixture of manual and automated laboratory techniques.
* Planning of production schedules and maintenance
* Recruit, develop, supervise and train new manufacturing staff members.
To be considered for the Production Supervisor role you will have:
* Sound experience supervising/leading laboratory staff (E)
* Background in a laboratory environment (E)
* Experience in a production environment (E)
* Experience of computerised stock systems (D)
* Strong IT skills (E)
Candidates must hold sound supervisory experience, with a positive attitude and the ability to drive forward work flow. Staff development and motivation will be a key element of this role.
Candidates will be well organised, and able to organise other staff and equipment.
This role is supervising the production of kits/reagents using automated equipment, followed by QC testing.
If this role is of interest please apply quickly as this is an urgent requirement.
Apply online or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.