Senior Biostatistician Permanent, full timeGlobal Healthcare CompanyHull, UKExciting new perm opportunity for a Senior Biostatistician for a Global Healthcare company based in Hull, UK.Due to...
c£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
London Based, Permanent
Do you have experience in analysis of genomic data or population genetics?
Would you like to work for a cutting edge start-up Biotech company in London?
We are looking for a talented Bioinformatician with a background in the analysis of genomic data, ideally with experience in population genetics.
As a Bioinformatician you should have a record of accomplishments indicating the ability to perform analysis, visualisation and dissemination of data produced by high-throughput sequencing, as well as in-depth knowledge of molecular biology.
As a Bioinformatician you will apply genetic, statistical and algorithmic methods to produce insights in the field of health. You will be responsible for analyzing genetic data and population data, evaluating genetic biomarkers, and will be contributing to the development of data storage solutions and web applications for the storage, retrieval and analysis of genetic and phenotypic information. Knowledge of genetics/genomics, molecular biology and programming is expected, as well as prior experience with processing and management of next-generation sequencing data.
You will play a critical role working closely with the genetics, computing, and software development teams, and will be responsible for all aspects of genetic data science. Required:
- PhD or Master's degree in a relevant field (genetics/genomics, population genetics, bioinformatics, systems biology or similar)
- Solid grasp of statistical programming languages and statistical analysis methods experience in R and bash scripting (or Python)
- In-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art software for genetics/genomics (e.g. PLINK, vcftools, bcftools, picard tools, kggseq, SNPEff, Annovar)
- Solid working knowledge of the publicly available SNP databanks (sequences and frequencies) and their use in clinical development context
- Significant relevant experience in the field of population genetics
- Excellent data handling skills and health informatics database management
- Significant relevant experience working with applied bioinformatics using genetic identification, filtering, annotations, and functional characterization
- Knowledge of other common bioinformatics procedures, such as interrogation of genomic browsers, primer design, etc
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge in biomarker discovery
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics
- Experience with epigenomic data analysis
- Thorough understanding of disease molecular basis and pathology
- Familiar with molecular biology technologies and data analysis methodologies
- Experience with cloud computing technologies would be beneficial
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Ability to read and understand high volume of scientific information (such as notebook entries, preclinical and clinical studies protocols, scientific papers, and data files)
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to communicate with stakeholders from different professional backgrounds (scientists, marketing, IT personnel) and roles
- Must be independent and possess a high work ethic
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.