Job Title: Senior Analytical Chemist Location: Bracknell, Berkshire Contract: 12 months Salary: £14.96 to £19.76 an hour, dependent on experience SRG are working with...
Contact Andrew to discuss further and register an interest: 0121 222 5329
My client are a customer focused analytical laboratory, conducting regulatory studies to GLP within the agrochemical sector. They have a wealth of industrial experience and technical expertise, and take great pride in delivering high quality reports on schedule. They have the ability to customise individual needs due to close relationships and a flexible attitude. And are always attentive to a customer's specifications. We are working exclusively to recruit for a study director for this growing company.
Key Result Areas
- Conduct the analysis of pesticide residues in crops, soil, water or other matrices using supplied analytical methods with quantitation by LC-MS/MS or GC-MS. This role may also involve method development / troubleshooting.
- Conduct analysis on GLP studies and liaise with the Study Director / Principal Investigator (and other relevant personnel) to ensure studies (or phases of studies) are conducted, recorded, reported and archived with appropriate accuracy / timeliness.
- A requirement of the role may be to act as Study Director or Principal Investigator on studies assigned by Test Facility Management only after appropriate training and approval by Test Facility Management
- Take technical responsibility for all allocated work. Support Test Facility Management to ensure that all equipment is calibrated, operated and maintained correctly.
- Liaise with colleagues to maintain GLP compliance within the laboratory as a whole and on designated work. Communication and Planning:
- Take responsibility for issues of quality control and improvement on allocated work, provide advice on resource requirement. Maintain daily contact with colleagues to ensure efficiency of the laboratory as a whole in order to deliver allocated work within agreed schedules.
- Ensure work is carried out to a consistently high standard in accordance with the Principles of Good Laboratory Practice, Study Protocols, ResChem Analytical Standard Operating procedures and appropriate study guidelines (e.g. SANCO).
The job holder may be required to provide or assist in the provision of training in technical aspects of pesticide residue analysis relevant to their role.
- The job holder will be expected to work closely with internal Study Directors and Test Facility Management. The role may involve interaction with sponsors and other external study related personnel.
- The job holder may be requested to participate in audits from official regulatory bodies and sponsor compliance auditors. Confidentiality:
- The jobholder has access to commercially-sensitive information affecting most areas of the business. Confidentiality and discretion are central to the role.
Health and Safety:
- The job holder is required to observe strictly the company's Health and Safety policy and procedures, and is responsible for reporting any accidents or incidents.
- The job holder should be educated to degree level or equivalent in a chemistry related subject and should Ideally possess an additional academic qualification and / or membership of relevant professional body.
Skills and Aptitudes
- Technical aspects related to pesticide residue analysis
- The principles of GLP
- Use of relevant IT systems and software packages
- Safe use of equipment and machinery
As there are many different aspects to the role the job holder should be comfortable working in all areas of the business and should have a flexible approach to working. According to business workloads, the job holder should have the flexibility to work outside normal office hours.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.