Job Title: Scientist (Synthetic Biology) Contract: 2 Years Location: Berkshire, near Reading Paying up to £41,000 per annum dependent on experience/interview. SRG are currently...
Job Title: Scientist (Synthetic Biology)
Contract: 2 Years
Location: Berkshire, near Reading
Paying up to £41,000 per annum dependent on experience/interview.
SRG are currently looking to recruit a scientist with synthetic biology skills to join a global agriculture company based in the Berkshire area.
Based in the Synthetic Biology Group you will work with an exciting and highly qualified multi-disciplinary team of chemists, analytical scientists and molecular biologists. Your main focus will be the development and application of modern biotechnological approaches to the characterisation and engineering of biosynthetic systems and their chemical products for uses in crop protection.
You will bring innovative science to key projects and will be liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure plans and outcomes are in line with company and customer expectations.
What we expect to see from you:
- As a specialist in synthetic biology you will apply your skills to assist in the identification, characterisation and engineering of biosynthetic pathways
- Ability to independently design complex experiments and deliver high-quality results leading to the right outcomes for the business
- A passion for science and the drive to develop and translate fundamental knowledge into product-focused projects in collaboration with internal and external partners
To be successful in this role we believe you should have:
- Education to PhD level (and ideally post-doctoral experience) within a Molecular Biology/Genetics or Biochemistry related field
- Expertise in cloning, characterisation and re-factoring genetic pathways for the production of secondary metabolites and bioengineered derivatives
- Expertise in complex molecular biology techniques such as genome editing and TAR
- Significant experience handling and working with microbes, particularly actinomycetes and/or filamentous fungi
- Experience of genome-mining to identify secondary metabolite gene clusters in microbes
- Demonstrable experience working with analytical techniques including HPLC and LC/MSMS
- Effective communication and influencing skills across disciplines and the drive to become a trusted collaborator
To apply for this position please send your CV with cover letter . The deadline for applications is Monday 8th October 2018 at 12:00. Interviews are currently scheduled for the week commencing 15th October 2018
For more information or if you have any questions please contact Tolu on 0161 8682248.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.