Senior Process Development ScientistSRG are working with a leading life science company in the Edinburgh area to help them find a Senior Process Development Scientist.If...
Job Title: Senior Scientist - Downstream
Location: North West
The successful Scientist will be responsible for leading the design, development, scale-up and technical transfer of bulk drug substances expressed from mammalian, viral or microbial expression systems.
Target 15% of annual salaryContributory pension scheme Permanent Health Insurance Life Insurance 4 x basic salary
- Leading bioprocess projects in downstream process development
- Coordinate scientists and other senior scientists to ensure project delivery
- Lead the transfer and execution of bioprocess projects from process development into the production facility
- Delivery of continuous improvements projects within the group
- Technical lead for the cGMP activities to produce clinical drug substance
- Design, development, scale-up and technical transfer of bulk drug substances from mammalian and microbial expression systems, using AKTA expression systems and protein purification
- Design process characterisation and process validation activities
- BSc science graduate (or equivalent) with biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical experience
- Experience in the use of AKTA, viral vectors and protein purification
- Experience with Ion exchange chromatography, electrophoresis and filtration
- Experience of leading projects within downstream bioprocessing
- Knowledge of cGMP is preferred
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Tyler Datlen at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Tyler on 0161 868 2212.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
Keywords: Virology, Upstream, Downstream, Process Science, Process Development, Biologics, Mammalian cell line, Cell line, Gene Therapy, GMP, cGMP, cGLP, GLP, Bioprocess, Monoclonal Antibodies, Viral Vectors, Recombinant Proteins, Subject Matter Expert, Technical Specialist, Senior Technical Specialist, Process Characterisation, Scale down, Analytical Technology,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.