An excellent opportunity has become available with a Forensics Services organisation for a Toxicology Technical Specialist. Job Title: Technical Specialist ToxicologyVacancy type: PermanentLocation: North WestSalary:...
Assay Development and Biomarker Specialist
Working within a group of highly-skilled and entrepreneurial individuals in the Life Science team of an evolving Consultancy business based in Cambridgeshire.
This is a multidisciplinary group of scientists, from backgrounds including: engineering, physics, microfluidics, device design, molecular design and chemistry. Your reach in this role would extend to collaborations with some globally recognised organisations, to smaller spin-outs and SME's.
To be considered for this role, it's imperative that you can demonstrate an excellent academic background in particular in relation to biomarker detection along with substantial working knowledge of multiple assay types (to regulatory standards in a commercial setting). You may have worked with bi-specific antibodies, novel protein detectors or soluble receptor binding domains.
Requirements will include but are not limited to:
- PhD (or equivalent) in Biochemistry or related
- Proof of a number of influential publications that would ideally be within protein science applied to assay development
- Curious and innovative approach - able to see what others don't
- Strong background in biomedical techniques for protein biochemistry (recombinant technologies, conjugation and chemical modification)
- A range of different assay technologies
- Highly personable with excellent influencing skills, commercial acumen and the ability to convey complex scientific ideas in the commercial world
This organisation offers a range of excellent employee benefits including: employee share scheme, generous employer pension contribution, Life insurance, cycle to work scheme, private medical insurance and profit share.
If this role sounds of interest then please contact me for a further discussion or apply via the link.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.