Development Scientist (Graduates or Postgraduates)North East Competitive Package A leading organisation focussing on the development of therapeutic biologics are looking for a Development Scientist to...
Development Scientist - (Graduates or Postgraduates)
A leading organisation focussing on the development of therapeutic biologics are looking for a Development Scientist to join their growing team. This individual will work alongside the technical team, ensuring the delivery of project requirements - performing experimental work and generating technical data to support projects.
The Development Scientist will design and execute experimental work. They will look at the design, development and scale-up of upstream processes focussing on the production of biopharmaceuticals.
The successful Development Scientist will have:
- Practical experience in the below areas:
- Cell Culture (Microbial or Mammalian)
- Bioreactor/Fermenter Operation (Microbial or Mammalian)
- Microbiology and Aseptic Techniques
- Experience of planning and delivering technical work
- Experience of data analysis and reporting findings, this includes documentation and presentations
- Previous hands-on laboratory experience in a regulated environment
- A degree in a related discipline
The below would be desirable but not essential:
- Practical experience with analytical techniques for the characterisation of biopharmaceuticals (HPLC/UPLC, SDS PAGE, capillary electrophoresis, dynamic light scattering, ELISA).
- Experience with qPCR, NGS or cloning techniques
If you have any of the above experience and are looking for your next opportunity in the North East, please apply online. Any queries can be directed to Kimberley on 0191 284 6768.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.