Growing company requires a Formulation Chemist, based in Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or similar discipline, paired with some experience in...
Growing company requires a Formulation Chemist, based in Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or similar discipline, paired with some experience in the formulation and development of cosmetic or personal care products.
Title: Formulation Chemist
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a fast-growing company who specialise in the development and manufacture of cosmetic and personal care products, with a wide range of retail customers. As result of their continued success, they are now looking for a Formulation Chemist to join their laboratory in Cheshire. The role will involve working as part of a small team to formulate new cosmetic products and specifications, carrying out associated testing and collaborating with other technical teams.This position would be well suited to a Cosmetic Science or Chemistry graduate who has gained some experience in the cosmetics or personal care industry.
Benefits: An exciting opportunity with a small, fast-paced team, with full support and training. Creative and driven company culture. 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), defined-contributions pension scheme and 40 working hours per week, worked from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Assisting in the development and formulation of new cosmetics products
- Creating specifications for new or improved products
- Liaising with internal technical teams to develop ideas and adhere to customer, quality and regulatory requirements
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain new and alternative raw materials
- Carrying out stability testing and further analysis to determine properties, including viscosity and pH
- Communicating project updates and pertinent information to line management as needed
- Recording laboratory work for future reference and review
- Minimum degree in Cosmetic Science, Chemistry or other relevant discipline
- Industrial experience of formulating cosmetic or personal care products
- Flexible, creative and able to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent Cosmetic Science or Chemistry graduate with some previous experience of formulation/product development in the cosmetic or personal care industry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cosmetic science, chemistry, graduate, formulation, laboratory, R&D, product development, personal care, stability
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.