Growing company requires a Senior Formulation Chemist, based in Cheshire. Requiring significant experience in the development and formulation of cosmetics and personal care products,...
Growing company requires a Senior Formulation Chemist, based in Cheshire. Requiring significant experience in the development and formulation of cosmetics and personal care products, ideally with some knowledge of colour cosmetics.
Title: Senior Formulation Chemist
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (negotiable dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a fast-growing company who specialise in the development and manufacture of cosmetic and personal care products, with a wide range of retail customers. As result of their continued success, they are now looking for a Senior Formulation Chemist to join their laboratory in Cheshire. The role will involve leading a small team to formulate new cosmetic products and specifications, carrying out associated testing and collaborating with other technical teams. This position would be well suited to someone with proven background in formulating and developing cosmetic/personal care products, ideally with some experience of colour chemistry or colour cosmetics.
Benefits: An exciting opportunity to lead a small, fast-paced team and drive innovation in a competitive market. Creative and driven company culture. 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), defined-contributions pension scheme and 40 working hours per week, worked from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Leading the development process and formulation of new colour cosmetic products
- Managing 2 team members, ensuring tasks are completed to deadlines
- Accountability for delivery of products based on customer brief, within quality and regulatory constraints
- Deciding on work flow and delegation of tasks to best deliver on projects
- Creating specifications for new or improved products
- Liaising with internal technical teams to develop ideas and adhere to customer, quality and regulatory requirements
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain new and alternative raw materials
- Carrying out stability testing and further analysis to determine properties, including viscosity and pH
- Communicating project updates and pertinent information to technical director as needed
- Recording laboratory work for future reference and review
- Minimum degree in Cosmetic Science, Chemistry or qualified by experience
- Proven background and significant experience of developing and formulating cosmetic or personal care products
- Experience with colour cosmetics would be considered to be advantageous
- Able to drive effective and efficient working to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and pro-active with a positive approach to problem solving
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced Formulation or Development Chemist with a strong background in the cosmetic or personal care industry.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cosmetic science, chemistry, cosmetic, colour cosmetics, formulation, laboratory, R&D, product development, personal care, stability,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.