Chemist/Trainee ChemistTemporary ongoing contractGlasgowAre you a hard-working chemistry graduate looking to gain experience in a busy industrial environment? If so, SRG could have the perfect...
Organic Chemist required, based in Shropshire. Requiring a proven background in organic synthetic chemistry and experience of modifying biopolymers at both a laboratory and industrial scale.
Title: Organic Chemist
Employment Term: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (negotiable dependent on experience)
SRG is working with an independent and rapidly expanding manufacturer of speciality chemicals for industrial processes. As a result of their continuing growth, they are now looking to hire an experienced Organic Chemist to join the team at their facility in the West Midlands. The role will involve designing synthetic reaction routes and processes to produce biopolymer-based materials and scaling reactions up to full manufacture. The position would be well suited to an Organic Chemist with a proven background in synthesis, reaction chemistry and biopolymers.
Benefits: Exciting opportunity to drive new projects and be part of a new phase of this company's growth. A diverse and open company culture with lots of support from management. 28 days holiday, inc. 8 bank holidays. Matched contribution pension scheme up to 5%. 37.5 working hours per week, 8.30 - 4.30pm, with flexibility on start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Determining laboratory methodologies for biopolymer modification at lab scale
- Designing and conducting experiments to adapt and modify biopolymer materials for use in speciality chemical products
- Characterisation of materials using a range of analytical methods to measure chemical and physical properties
- Establishing scale up process and requirements for larger scale industrial production
- Analysing and interpreting data to generate reports of findings for management
- Conducting literature- and practical-based research work to inform new development projects and product applications
- Optimising and improving processes to fine tune or differentiate product properties
- Proven industrial experience in lab-scale organic synthesis and modification of biopolymers or similar materials
- Previous experience of scale up from lab to industrial scale manufacture would be considered advantageous
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar) or qualified by experience
- Pro-active and self-motivated attitude
- Able to work autonomously, but collaborate within a team
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced Organic Chemist to drive in-house product development in a small but dynamic company.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: organic, chemistry, biopolymer, cellulosic, polysaccharide, synthesis, chemical, rheology, viscosity, modifier, modification, reaction, process, scale-up, experiment, laboratory
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.