Graduate Chemist required, based in Shropshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar and an enthusiastic and pro-active mind set. Any industrial...
Graduate Chemist required, based in Shropshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar and an enthusiastic and pro-active mind set. Any industrial laboratory experience in the chemical industry would be advantageous.
Title: Graduate Chemist
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a company specialising in the development and manufacture of speciality fluids. A result of growing demand for their products, they are now looking to hire a Graduate Chemist to join the team at their site in Shropshire. The role will involve formulating new products, testing products for chemical and physical properties and supporting the team with wider development projects. The position would be well suited to a recent Chemistry graduate, with or without industrial experience, who is interested in developing a career in product development.
Benefits: Graduate opportunity with full training provided and lots of potential to develop skills in R&D. A supportive and inclusive environment with 28 days holiday allowance, inc. 8 bank holidays, and a matched pension scheme. 37.5 working hours per week, 8.30 - 4.30pm, with some flexibility on start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Performing laboratory testing on products, adhering to relevant standards and procedures
- Conducting analysis using specialised techniques including rheology, XRD, permeability and lubricity, amongst others
- Providing efficient and informative responses to customer enquiries
- Formulating and evaluating fluids with specific physical and chemical characteristics to project requirements
- Reporting of laboratory findings to management
- Contributing to laboratory upkeep - preparing solutions, ordering supplies, ensuring material stocks are up-to-date;
- Providing comprehensive written reports and making recommendations to the Lab Manager and wider team
- Maintain up-to-date technical information on database and work safely in accordance with company safety procedure, COSHH and quality standards
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Organised, with good communication skills and high attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and change priorities according to workload
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a Chemistry (or similar) graduate with or without industrial laboratory experience to join a small, dynamic R&D team.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, polymer science, graduate, technical, laboratory, fluid, testing, formulation, rheology, viscosity, chemical
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.