Animal Technician North Oxford£16,000 (lunch is provided daily).Must have own transport Will consider people who are willing to relocate to North Oxford area.Contact me: Andrew...
Animal Technician - North Oxford
£16,000 (lunch is provided daily).
Must have own transport - Will consider people who are willing to relocate to North Oxford area.
Contact me: Andrew Shortt 0121 222 5333
My client are a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people's lives. They are recruiting for Animal Care Technicians in their Operations/Production department in Oxfordshire. To drive the business forward, I am looking to recruit the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about making a difference in people's lives.
- Employees under this job title are responsible for the day-to-day welfare and care of breeding animals, as well as the maintenance of lab animal health and husbandry within the assigned facility. Animal Technicians are primarily tasked with maintaining food supplies for, and cage cleanliness of, laboratory animals inside a controlled environment facility.
- Operate to all relevant work instructions at a supervised level
- To carry out daily care and welfare duties, including record keeping, provisions for adequate fresh food and water, and provide animals with environmental enrichment
- To ensure cages and/or enclosures are cleaned in accordance with the work instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Ensure adequate supplies of food, bedding, and consumables are available for animals as required.
- Provision of weekend /bank holiday cover as required
Is this you? If so, apply today:
- Interest in caring for animals or practical animal handling experience (vets, pet shops, farms, research)
- Qualification in animal science, husbandry, or animal care. This could be a BSc, HND, HNC or diploma, would be an advantage
- Good English communication skills
- Basic mathematical, english reading skills and communication skills
- The ability to perform repetitive tasks and manual dexterity required.
- Good hygiene required.
- Certain pet restrictions are in place, such as owning small mammals or reptiles.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.