Site Chemist Perm Cardiff £20,000 £24,000 (dependent on experience)Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456 My client is a leading provider of chemical waste treatment, disposal and...
Site Chemist - Perm - Cardiff
£20,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience)
Contact Andrew: 0121 728 8456
My client is a leading provider of chemical waste treatment, disposal and recycling services in the UK, and we are currently recruiting a Site Chemist with HNC qualification or above in Chemistry or a related subject, to work at their waste treatment facility.
On offer is an outdoors, day's based role where you will receive on the job training from industry experts to allow you to progress within the waste management/environmental industry.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this forward thinking market leader as they continue to expand and develop cutting edge solutions with in a growth industry.
General Accountabilities and Key Tasks:-
- Assisting the Senior Site Chemist and the Site Manager
- The safe management of associated procedures relating to the efficient reception, inspection and routing of waste materials on site.
- Implementation and development of process modelling and control.
- Provision of technical support to the operation, including the running and development of existing and new processes.
- Compliance with the company's EPR Permit and other regulatory consents.
- Maintenance and development of paperwork and operational systems.
- Liaison with other company departments.
- Compliance with all relevant environmental and health and safety procedures
We are looking for someone with an interest in chemistry and lab experience from studies or industrial work. You will not be afraid "to roll your sleeve's up" and will have an analytical approach. This is very much a hands-on role with a lot of outdoor work in an industrial environment, with the majority of work being industrial outdoors type work and some laboratory testing. Recent chemistry (or related subject) graduates are welcome to apply.
Hours of work on a rotating shift pattern (currently 06.00 to 15.00 and 09.00 to 18.00 hrs), Mon to Fri with a one hour or equivalent break
Full training (including environmental legislation and regulation) provided. Great opportunity to build a real career.
Must be permitted to work in the UK
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.