Title: Laboratory AnalystRate: £12.82 p/hStart: ASAPDuration: 6 monthsLocation: Ware, Hertfordshire We currently have a vacancy for a Lab Analyst to join our client in Ware,...
£18,600 a year (Pro Rata)
4 month contract initially
Do you have experience of Solid phase extraction or Liquid-Liquid Extraction?
Would you like to work for an International Analytical Organisation in London?
My client are a leading analytical organisation bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support analytical testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
Due to continued growth and expansion, my client are looking to hire a Laboratory Analyst to work to work in their London laboratories.
This role is a 'hands on' position and will support the preparation of samples and production of results within the laboratory.
- Undertake Solid Phase Extraction and liquid-liquid sample preparation to support sample processing
- Assist in the maintenance and calibration of instrumentation and equipment used in the analytical processes.
- Assist in the preparation of reagents, calibration standards and control materials in accordance with the relevant SOPs.
- Assist in stock control to ensure adequate levels of reagents, chemicals and consumables are held in stock.
- To participate in training programmes in both screening and confirmation sections to increase breadth of understanding and to gain competence in all techniques and processes used in the laboratory.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Graduate with a science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Forensic Science, or related analytical subject
- Previous experience of Solid Phase Extraction and liquid-liquid sample preparation
- Previous experience of using clinical chemistry analysers (prefeably Thermo Scientific) and LC/MS analysers (preferably Waters) would be an advantage but is not essential.
- You will need to demonstrate good levels of Communication, Organisation, Teamwork, Accuracy & Reliability.
Key Words "Laboratory Technician, Analytical Chemist, Graduate, Trainee Laboratory Analyst, Solvent Extraction, Liquid-Liquid Extraction, Solid Phase Extraction, Toxicology, Forensics"
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.