Development Chemist required, based in Lancashire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science (or qualified by experience) and, ideally, hands-on experience with...
Development Chemist required, based in Lancashire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science (or qualified by experience) and, ideally, hands-on experience with cementitious or adhesive product development.
Title: Development Chemist
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a leading manufacturer specialising in the development and manufacture of construction products. As a result of continued growth and expansion, they are looking to appoint a Development Chemist to join the team in their laboratory. This role would be a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate with some industrial experience and understanding of polymer chemistry, or equally an experienced Chemist with a strong background in cement/adhesive-based product development.
Benefits: An exciting opportunity in an established, thriving business that is enjoying impressive growth year on year. Significant investment in training and professional development, and a supportive, down-to-earth environment with 28 days holiday allowance, inc. 8 bank holidays. 40 working hours, Monday to Friday, 8.00 - 5.00pm. Working week is split between 2 sites in Lancashire, with reasonable travel allowance paid.
Role / Description
- Developing new cementitious and polymer formulations in co-operation with technical manager, engineers, and off-site collaborators.
- Development of new and existing manufacturing processes for formulations
- Investigating and implementing product/process improvement
- Carrying out material testing in accordance with a wide variety of standards.
- Gaining an understanding of how finished products are used and developing larger-scale applications testing procedures to ensure fit for purpose.
- Establishing knowledge of cement chemistry and polymers, using this knowledge to provide advice and information on raw materials and finished products.
- Maintaining laboratory environment to an industrial standard, keeping the equipment in good working condition.
- Providing input on health & safety at where chemicals are involved.
- Writing, updating and review CoSHH forms and risk assessments for laboratory chemicals and processes.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously, maintaining a clear and concise record of work, and providing regular project updates
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science or qualified by experience
- Recent graduates must have some industrial laboratory experience with products such as adhesives, polymers, resins, plastics, coatings, cement or similar
- More experienced applicants must have experience with cementitious, adhesive or similar constriction products
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Organised, with good communication and time management skills and high attention to detail
- Unafraid to challenge convention and contribute to discussions
This role would be an excellent opportunity to be a key technical individual in a fast-growing, independent company, with lots of input into the business.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, polymer science, material, construction, cement, cementitious, adhesive, coating, resin, graduate, technical, laboratory, formulation, chemical, product development, material testing, polymer
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.