Associate ScientistStevenageSRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for an Associate Scientist to support their cell and gene...
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for an Associate Scientist to support their cell and gene therapy group in Stevenage. You will be joining a cross functioning team providing support for implementation of important experiments in cell and gene therapy product development labs.
- Preparation of medium, cell culture, viral vector preparation, formulation of cells and viral vectors, analytical testing of cells and viral vector as required
- Work within multiple teams to support development work across multiple disciplines including formulation development, analytical development, cell and viral vector research and development
- Implement directions from and work closely with scientists across teams to ensure appropriate experiments are completed in a given timeframe
- Execute experiments based on established protocols and provide support to other staff in their experiments
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment and critical reagents
- Have awareness of, and comply with, all required safety regulations and procedures
- Support/prepare accurate records of experiments by use of electronic lab notebooks and reports
- Support/conduct data analysis, collation of results/data and communication of results/conclusions
- Ensure data integrity
- Be accountable for the work produced
- BSc and/or relevant experience in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, gene/cell therapy, biopharmaceuticals, vaccines.
- Experience of working in lab using techniques related to media preparation, aseptic handling, cell culture and analytical methods
In addition to the basic qualifications the preference is desirable (but not necessary) that you also have some hands- on experience in some to techniques below
- Mammalian cell culture, both primary and cell lines.
- Cell isolation, characterization, manipulation and expansion.
- Cell and viral vector formulation
- Analytical techniques for cell and viral products
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online or send your application directly to or give Umul a call on 0203 096 4529
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.