Associate ScientistStevenageSRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for an Associate Scientist to support their cell and gene...
SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for an Associate Scientist to join their team in Stevenage.
The successful candidate should have practical experience in microbiology and protein biology. Ideally, candidates would also have practical experience of basic molecular biology techniques and protein purification techniques.
Candidates should be comfortable in a laboratory environment, have a good eye for detail and be able to follow scientific protocols rigorously and reliably.
- Performs data management and some data interpretation tasks including recording results effectively in a laboratory notebook or computer with minimal supervision. (i.e., data collection and organisation).
- Operates laboratory equipment with minimal supervision. Executes experiments based on provided protocols and carries out basic interpretation of results with minimal supervision. Identifies problems in the execution of experimental processes and in results.
- Communicates data and results in technical memos/reports.
- Anticipates/recognises potential problems with equipment/supplies and initiates action to address or prevent problems.
- May contribute to writing internal reports.
- BSc degree in Microbiology or equivalent
- Theoretical and practical scientific knowledge in microbiology, protein biology, molecular biology
- Protein purification techniques
- Ability to work in various teams and perform different lab activities as required
- Good communication skills
- Motivated, fast learner and good team player with a willingness to support activities of other colleagues
- Adapt to change quickly in a fast-paced laboratory environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online or send your application directly to or give Umul a call on 0203 096 4529
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.