Development Scientist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring a degree in a Chemistry or Bioscience discipline, with significant industrial experience of formulating and developing medical-grade products,...
Development Scientist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring a degree in a Chemistry or Bioscience discipline, with significant industrial experience of formulating and developing medical-grade products, pharmaceuticals, respiratory products or similar. Must have prior experience of GMP.
Title: Development Scientist
Salary: £27,000 - £34,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading chemicals manufacturer who supply raw materials for a range of medical-grade products. As part of a new project, they are now looking for an experienced Development Scientist to join the team at their new facility in Cheshire. The role will involve formulating new products, using experimental design and trials to generate sample materials and data for customer use. This position would be well suited to someone with significant experience of medical, respiratory or pharmaceutical product development or manufacture.
Benefits: Fantastic opportunity to be part of a brand new project team, involved in lab set-up and development of a new product line. Excellent benefits package, including 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days with option for extra day, generous company pension scheme, private healthcare, income protection and target-based bonus. 37.5 working hours per week, flexible start/finish times.
Role / Description:
- Supporting the set-up of a new development facility, laboratory equipment and procedures
- Developing new formulations, undertaking controlled experiments and trials to determine optimal performance criteria
- Generating plans and protocols based on experimentation and trials
- Preparing and operating development laboratory equipment using SOPs and cGMP processes to produce clinical trial samples
- Cleaning, maintaining and supporting the qualification of laboratory equipment and services
- Producing timely, accurate and informative reports on current development projects to management
- Writing and conducting safety/risk assessments for procedures, techniques and technologies
- Maintain inventory of materials, equipment and consumables
- Minimum degree level qualification in a Chemistry- or Bioscience-based discipline
- Proven experience of lab-based development/formulation of medical, pharmaceutical or respiratory products
- Prior laboratory experience in a GMP-regulated environment
- Able to multi-task to support a variety of projects
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Versatile, adaptable and able to change priorities according to situation
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced Development Scientist to contribute to a major new project in a global company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
Keywords: formulation, development, chemistry, pharmaceutical, medical grade, respiratory, inhalant, inhaler, MDI, GMP, cGMP, Good Manufacturing Practice, wet chemistry, medical device, laboratory, chemical
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.