Downstream Scientist North East£25K- £30K (Dependent on Experience)Do you have protein purification experience? Do you have knowledge of the Biopharmaceutical industry?A leading Biopharmaceutical organisation in...
Protein purification ScientistWest Midlands - permanent full time positionCompetitive salary and benefits scheme, very negotiable dependant on experience Are you an experienced protein purification scientist with a knowledge of automated purification within industry? My Client are looking for an experience protein purification scientist who also has a good understanding of working to quality standards. This role has been created to allow the successful applicant to have a direct input in the fulfilment of the departments medium term vision for improving purification methodologies. This role will be approximately 50% laboratory based and 50% office based.
The successful candidate,
- You will be educated in the life sciences and ideally have a higher degree (MSc or PhD/DPhil) or equivalent industry experience
- You will be familiar with protein purification and also working to industry standards
- You will have a good understanding of using automated systems for protein purification, preferably AKTA systems and have a good understanding of column materials.
- You will have worked in an environment previously where you have had interactions with quality assurance and documentation associated with batch manufacturing
- You will have excellent communication skills and be confident dealing with third parties
- Based in modern laboratories in the West Midlands you will work within a team to develop purification strategies with Scale-up in mind (to around 10L scale)
- You will be involved in troubleshooting of manufacturing processes in conjunction with your line manager
- You will also liaise with quality assurance in the undertaking of CAPA and NCRs
- You will also be involved in the training of more junior members of staff.
This is an exciting role where you will be able to fully use your knowledge of automated protein chromatography and your understanding of the requirements of QA and validation to steer a multinational biotech company towards its medium term vision for protein purification strategies. To discuss this role further please call Oliver on 0121 7288454.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.