This is a unique opportunity to join a talented team of scientists and engineers at the cutting edge of next-generation sequencing (NGS).As a Research Scientist...
This is a unique opportunity to join a talented team of scientists and engineers at the cutting edge of next-generation sequencing (NGS).
As a Research Scientist in the Technology Development Department you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, using your skills in either Biophysics, Chemistry, or Molecular Biology to drive technology development.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Help to design and develop optical microscopes for use within prototype DNA Sequencing systems
* Monitoring technological developments and investigate commercial viability
* Develop prototype systems to validate proof of concept
* Carry out experiments to support and improve product development
* Maintaining accurate and detailed laboratory notes
* Providing updates to relevant teams on the progress of experiments
* Working alongside multidisciplinary team members to help develop new ideas
Requirements for the role:
* PhD or equivalent in Biophysics, Physics, or Engineering
* Experience in the design, build, and alignment of optic systems
* Experience in state of the art microscopy, biophysics, or single molecule techniques such as single molecule fluorescence or super resolution imaging
* Demonstratable experience in mathematical modelling as well as an ability to code custom scripts and utilise tools such as Matlab, Python or Labview
* Experience of assay development, nanophotonics, or silicon photonics is desirable
This role would suit a creative thinker with a strong background in Biophysics or similar, looking to apply their skills to cutting edge NGS technology.
If you are interested in this role then please apply today, if you would like further information please give Ashley Quinlan a call on 01223 607 855
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.