A Global Materials Manufacturer has an immediate requirement for a R&D Technologist to join their expanding Research and Development Team. This is a 12 month...
Senior IVD Research & Development Scientist - FTIR Oncology screeningOxfordshire24month Fixed term contractSalary up to £42,000 dependant on experienceAre you a PhD level scientist with a desire to have an impact in the area of oncology diagnostics using Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)? My client have a promising new technology and are expanding their team to conduct development and validation work to bring their product to market. You will gain valuable industry experience along with developing new skills, an excellent start to a career in the biotechnology industry.The successful applicant
- You will have a PhD or equivalent experience in the Life Sciences with industry experience
- You will have experience in assaying for biomarkers in biopsy samples, ideally through IHC analysis
- You will have experience in design of experiments to support regulatory submission of a product - ideally within IVD
- You will have experience in developing and validating SOPs Desirable:
- You will have experience with FTIR and ATR-FTIR with the ability to "horizon Scan" for technology advances that could be implemented into existing technology.
- You will have experience in developing protocols for early phase clinical trials of IVDs. This expertise already exists in house however, additional expertise is desirable to expedite progress towards clinical trials
- Based in South Oxford you will develop and validate assays to determine cancer biomarkers from tissue samples
- You will perform IR spectroscopic analysis of samples to correlate spectroscopic data with IHC data
- You will review currently available technology and discuss implementation of novel approaches
- You will produce reports and discuss data both internally and externally
This is a very exciting opportunity to work with a promising spin-out company and develop invaluable industry skills. Please call Oliver on 01217288454 to discuss this role informally.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.