SRG PROCESS ENGINEERS- BASINGSTOKE PERM £COMP SRG are working with a prominent, world leading manufacturing business who are looking to grow their engineering team with...
SRG - PROCESS ENGINEERS- BASINGSTOKE - PERM £COMP
SRG are working with a prominent, world leading manufacturing business who are looking to grow their engineering team with permanent Process Engineers. The business in question is an internationally renowned manufacturer, thus providing the ideal working environment to allow successful candidates to establish and grow their careers within an innovative company.
To enhance Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) through targeted local improvement projects. A key part of this role will be to provide insight from existing data to identify developing situations leading to inefficiencies and opportunities. You will be transforming data into information and intelligence to direct the team to target developing problems faster, create the change & measure the benefits more accurately.
You will use Lean techniques and develop problem solving skills to support root cause analysis and continuous improvement processes.
- To identify data driven improvements by working closely with departmental leaders in order to deliver lean cost effective improvements along with standards that will be key in accelerating OEE in the department.
- Extract data from OI Systems (PI, QIS etc) and associated data sources (IFS etc) in response to requests from other departments throughout the company and capable of training end users towards self-service.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and six sigma methodology to provide reports to communicate findings to P/E team end users
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and develop models.
- Support the creation of data definition documents to ensure clarity and consistency
- Support the development of automated reports (Excel, emails) and visualisation tools
- Support the day to day management of OI Systems, in particular creating QIS variables and PI tags resulting from the data analysis
- Desired experience in data extraction , for example (QIS and PI datalinks), data mining (Excel, and ideally Python), data analysis and statistical tools (Minitab, Simca) and Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience in producing insightful analysis and translating into practical findings through automated reports (MS Excel, email) and visualisation tools (Tableau)
- Good knowledge of managing/administrating databases would be an advantage
- Lean methodology & techniques (examples SMED, 5S, 5W, 9step, FMEA, CCAR, DMAIC)
- New Product Introduction and Product Validation and Advanced Product Quality Planning experience is desirable
Educated to degree level or HNC/HND, preferably in a scientific/technical capacity.
If interested in this opportunity please send an updated CV or call 0161 868 2252 for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.