SRG OPERATIONAL INTELLIGENCE MANAGER BASINGSTOKE PERM £COMP SRG are working with a well-known and world leading manufacturing business who are looking to add to...
SRG - OPERATIONAL INTELLIGENCE MANAGER - BASINGSTOKE - PERM £COMP
SRG are working with a well-known and world leading manufacturing business who are looking to add to their business with a permanent Operational Intelligence Manager. This role will have 2 direct reports- Process Engineers.
This role will lead Operational Intelligence, delivering tangible benefits based on data systems, lean communication, and knowledge management. Aligned to Operational Excellence, the purpose of Operational Intelligence is to monitor business activities and identify situations relating to inefficiencies and opportunities.
The job holder will focus on selecting, proposing, and delivering data-driven transformation projects, coaching a dedicated team and providing technical expertise.
The job holder will also develop a support mechanism for other departments, providing data analysis and tools to root cause analysis and continuous improvement activities where appropriate.
The job holder will be responsible for the administration of OSISOFT PI system and the QISOFT QIS database, and their relationships with other data systems (IFS, SAP etc...).
- Identify opportunities for delivery and operational process improvements based on robust data systems and knowledge management, and create and communicate compelling business cases for change.
- Develop implementation plans and change management strategies to drive the implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Define accurate, timely and up-to-date dashboards and reports for consumption at the team, function and executive level to ensure that business performance is adequately monitored and issues identified.
- Develop and maintain a robust framework for the management of process data (PI) and quality data (QIS), aligned to Best Practices and IT function requirements, and for the integration of new equipment and data sources.
- Directly collaborate with the Instrumentation team, as point of contact for data sources from process equipment, and with the IT team, as point of contact for infrastructure
- Collaborate with other data systems (IFS, SAP, ....) owners to enable delivery of data-driven improvements
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven track record in managing improvement projects resulting in tangible benefits, preferably using an Agile project management approach
- Experience of coaching / managing people at an operational level.
- Experience in managing/administrating IT systems or databases
- Good understanding of software and servers technologies (Windows 2012, SQL, OPC, VM, Network Infrastructure, Active Directory would be an advantage
- Experience in data analysis and statistical tools (Minitab, Simca) and Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience in data visualisation and reporting tools
Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a scientific/technical capacity
If interested in this opportunity please send an updated CV or call 0161 868 2236 for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.