SRG MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER MEDICAL DEVICES COUNTY DURHAMSRG are working with a leading Medical Technology business who are looking for a permanent Mechanical Design Engineer...
SRG - MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - MEDICAL DEVICES - COUNTY DURHAM
SRG are working with a leading Medical Technology business who are looking for a permanent Mechanical Design Engineer to join their business.
Overview of Role:
You will be responsible for providing mechanical engineering expertise to support the design,
development, prototype manufacture and testing of products.
The role involves;
- Converting customer requirements into a design specification, generating conceptual and then detailed designs, such as mechanical piece part drawings and assembly drawings.
- Assemble and test prototypes and/or work with suppliers to realise your designs.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience;
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering
- Prior, relevant experience working in a product engineering environment
- Previous experience of managing the mechanical design aspect of products from research concepts through to production
- Good knowledge of techniques for Design for Manufacturing, assembly, test and maintenance
- Competent in 3D CAD designUnderstands key mechanical engineering principles e.g. material selection, assembly techniques and manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with interpretation of standards, such as medical device standards
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- A good working knowledge and practical experience of design, development or manufacture of medical devices or medical instrumentation.
- Educated to postgraduate level in an engineering subject (e.g. MSc or PhD)
- Qualified Chartered Engineer status
- Design in a medical device or In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) manufacturing environment
- Working under a EN ISO 13485 Quality Management System
- Designing machined parts
- Rapid prototyping techniques (design and operation)
Ability to source suitable components and manufacturers and manage those outsourcing projects.
Broad technical knowledge and background gained across a range of industries and technologies
Working understanding of the FMEA process.
If interested in this opportunity please send an updated or call
0161 868 2236 for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.