COSHH Assessor 6 months contract Full Time Gloucestershire Salary up to 27k depending upon experience Have you worked in a regulated laboratory with Chemicals?Do you...
6 months contract - Full Time
Salary up to 27k depending upon experience
Have you worked in a regulated laboratory with Chemicals?Do you have extensive experience of COSHH registers and the implementation and application of policy in high hazard environments?
- As a COSHH Assessor you will be responsible for working closely with the site Health and Safety manager and
- Laboratory Manager / Supervisor on the creation and update of the Quality Department's COSHH assessments and implementation of regulations to meet GHS requirements.
- You will be heading up a project to enable the company to address some key concerns raised, and to allow them to progress safely through the department.
- You will look at Methods of analysis, cabinet storage and other related Health and Safety issues, across a busy and varied department that includes a variety of high risk chemicals, and over 400 chemicals in use.
- Ideally you may also be able to provide some training on site, and enable the department to get to a place in the next 6 months where they can continue to work safely and manage COSHH under their own steam.
- Ideally you will have worked specifically on COSHH projects in either a chemical plant environment, or manufacturing environment and will be able to show extensive and demonstrable knowledge of COSHH registers and the implementation and application of policy in high hazard environments.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or similar subject.
- Laboratory Experience.
- Overview knowledge of Health & Safety in relation to the COSHH regulations.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Project management skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Preferred: COSHH Assessment trained but not essential.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.