Title: Product Development Lead SRG is representing QIAGEN in an exciting new venture and supporting with this recruitment campaign. Closing date: 28th October Position...
Title: Product Development Lead
SRG is representing QIAGEN in an exciting new venture and supporting with this recruitment campaign.
Closing date: 28th October
QIAGEN, in partnership with economic development engine Health Innovation Manchester, will create a genomics campus in Manchester anchored by the firm's European Centre of Excellence for Precision Medicine and diagnostics development. The campus aims to attract a cluster of companies collaborating with academic and clinical organizations to drive research and development. This initiative looks to build on QIAGEN's rich expertise in Manchester to innovate the development of the next generation of valuable molecular tests.
Associated with the creation of the new Genomics Campus we are looking to identify talented, motivated, dedicated scientists of all levels with knowledge & experience of molecular diagnostic product development and/or biomarker validation.
In the role of Scientific Expert you will lead development and/or biomarker validation project, be responsible for the matrix leadership of a scientific team delivering development and/or biomarker validation projects, represent R&D within the project core team, lead technical interaction with 3rd parties and have a critical role in day-to-day leadership.
We are looking to identify passionate colleagues who want to drive change and further establish Manchester as a world-leader in precision medicine and clinical diagnostics. If you want to make a meaningful contribution in improving the discovery, development and delivery of healthcare apply now to be considered for a role or secure a position in our Talent Pool.
Scientific Experts are responsible for:
- Leading a team of scientists to ensure technical project delivery. Responsible for technical decision within the project; technical delivery of project objectives; communicating technical status of projects; Contributing to budget management; Compliance with quality and regulatory standards
- The delivery and quality of documentation essential in the development of regulated in vitro diagnostics including: design control documentation; protocols and reports; providing feedback and coaching of more junior members of staff to ensure compliance and improve the quality of documentation
- Acting in a customer facing role to provide technical expertise and relationship management with 3rd party organizations
- Leadership of all aspects of development (assay, software & system) from product inception through development, transfer to operations and verification
- Represent product development in the cross-functional core team to effectively and efficiently deliver projects
- Coaching and mentoring of staff to ensure continuous development
- Being a knowledge expert and thought leader for biomarkers, applications, diagnostic systems and development workflows
- Escalation and resolution of technical project issues; technical troubleshooting and root-cause analysis within the project and ensuring appropriate corrective and preventative actions are implemented
- As part of the R&D leadership to ensure a safe and efficient laboratory environment
- Attending face-to-face meetings 3rd party organizations and conference attendance.
- May involve line management of teams
Position requirements, qualifications and experiences:
- Significant diagnostic industry or academic post-doctoral experience desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record and evidence of the ability to translate knowledge into practical achievements
- Proven leadership experience in medium to high complexity environments
- Expert in data analysis and interpretation skills with knowledge of specific statistical tools an advantage
- Expert in verbal/written communication skills with track record of tailoring communication to the target audience
- Record of success as a leader with product development or biomarker validation
- Essential relevant laboratory experience will include: processing biological samples; Nucleic acid extraction using manual extraction kits and/or automated instruments; and in minimum of one of the following downstream workflows:
- Real-Time PCR manual setup and/or using automated instruments
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Laboratory experience in the following areas would be desirable: working in a regulated environment; infectious disease or oncology; using automated molecular diagnostic systems; advanced multiplex application (inc. assay design); bioinformatics
Desirable Personal Attributes
- Decision making
- Planning and problem solving
- Independent working
SRG is the UK's number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: qPCR, PCR, RTPCR, RT-PCR, molecular biology, molecular diagnostics, molecular applications, NGS, next generation sequencing, GMP, ISO13485, ISO9001, project manager, DNA extraction, RNA extraction, DNA sequencing, method development, management, project lead
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.