Protein purification group leaderPermanent full time position West Midlands Competitive salary and benefits packageAre you an experienced protein purification scientist looking for your next career...
Protein purification group leaderPermanent full time position - West Midlands Competitive salary and benefits package
Are you an experienced protein purification scientist looking for your next career move into a senior position within a highly successful multinational biotechnology company? My client is looking for a Protein Purification Group Leader to provide leadership for a group responsible for ensuring that critical proteins / antibodies are passed through to production from biochemistry with specifications to ensure reproducible production. We are looking for someone with proven experience in management and working within industry who is familiar with working with proteins and technical transfer.The successful applicant
- You will be educated in life sciences with a background in biochemistry / immunology preferably holding a higher degree
- You will have significant experience in pharma / biotech preferably with experience working with IVD
- You will have a track record of protein purification ideally with antisera purification and characterisation methods
- You will have suitable management experience gained within industry
- You will be an excellent communicator and liaise both internally and externally
- You will head up a team of fourteen scientists with two direct reports and provide guidance and technical input
- You will contribute to the development of QC criteria for protein analysis from research through technical transfer and to production.
- You will aid in the development of methods to ensure the validation and verification of manufactured assays in order to ensure its performance.
- You will present data internally and be a technical expert in protein purification using automated methods
This is a great opportunity to join a well established biotechnology company in a period of growth and be able to significantly contribute to the development of new processes. Please call Oliver on 01217288454 for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.