QC Technician required, based in Lancashire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science OR proven experience in the quality control or chemical products....
QC Technician required, based in Lancashire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science OR proven experience in the quality control or chemical products.
Title: QC Technician
Salary: £17,000 - £23,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a leading manufacturer specialising in the development and manufacture of construction products. As a result of continued growth and expansion, they are looking to appoint a QC Technician to join the team in their laboratory. This role would be a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate with an interest in polymer or materials chemistry or equally an experienced QC Technician who has worked in the chemical industry.
Benefits: Excellent opportunity to join an established, thriving business that is enjoying impressive growth year on year. Full training provided, 28 days holiday allowance, inc. 8 bank holidays. 40 working hours, worked Monday to Friday either 7am - 4pm or 8am - 5pm.
Role / Description
- Undertaking physical and mechanical testing on raw materials, manufactured finished goods and bought in finished goods to ensure that they meet requirements, ensuring reliability and precision of test results
- Testing of production material in accordance with EN Standards e.g. flex testing, composition testing
- Maintaining lab and lab equipment ensuring all calibrations and certificates are kept up to date
- Assisting in the control of production formulations
- Liaising with Production Manager to ensure required formulation alterations are effectively communicated to the Production Operatives
- Maintaining work and test results in line with the company Quality Procedure
- Adhering to company health, safety, environmental and ethical policies
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science OR proven QC experience with chemical products
- Recent graduates must have understanding and interest in polymer or materials chemistry
- Experienced applicants must have experience of QC testing industrial chemical products
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Thorough, with good attention to detail
This role would be an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team in a growing company, with good opportunities for progression.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, polymer science, material, construction, cement, cementitious, adhesive, coating, resin, graduate, technical, laboratory, quality control, QC, quality, chemical, material testing, polymer, physical testing, mechanical testing
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.