Laboratory and Supply Chain TechnicianNorth CambridgeUp to £23,000 p/hPermanent, Monday-FridayRole requirements:Day to day coordination of the lab equipment, reagent stock and materials.Purchasing and monitoring stock...
Laboratory and Supply Chain Technician
Up to £23,000 p/h
- Day to day coordination of the lab equipment, reagent stock and materials.
- Purchasing and monitoring stock levels, calibrating using in-house and 3rd party software, according to stringent ISO regulations.
- Management of service agreements with equipment manufacturers.
- Responsibility for maintaining a central stock of reagents and media and buffers.
- Reporting KPI's and taking part in monthly management meetings.
- Taking an active part in maintaining Kanban cards for all items in stock.
- Arranging purchase orders, checking best-prices for consumables and lab services.
- Contribution to risk assessments, monitoring non-conformances, house-keeping within the stores facility, assisting with Lab modifications and expansions where necessary.
- Ensure all SOP's and training records are in place and recorded.
- Identify areas for improvement and remain within budget.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of continuous improvement and Kanban practices (ie - 5S, Kanban, value-stream mapping)
- Preferred degree (or equivalent) in a Scientific discipline - Biochemistry or Chemistry would be ideal though not essential
- Previous working background within a scientific organisation with exposure to working in a laboratory
- Strong customer care skills, flexible, articulate and approachable in all communications both internal and external
- Detail-orientated and methodical with a keen eye for detail and a curious mind
Does this sound like you?
Are you looking for an opportunity to marry your scientific background with a varied and practical role in a growing, successful business?
Then apply now, by attaching your CV in Word and one of our team will be in touch to discuss your application further.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.