Quality Control Assistant Multiple rolesPermanent full time position West MidlandsCompetitive salary and benefits packageAre you experienced in working in a warehousing or manufacturing background with...
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT - 9 Month FTC
Full Time (Mon- Fri. 09:00 - 17:00)
£17,000 - £19,000
My client are a well know beverage company who have a requirement for a technical assistant.
We are currently looking for a Technical Assistant for a 9 Month Fixed Term Contact to complement an existing passionate, friendly and enthusiastic team. Candidates we are seeking are those with a strong interest in starting or further building their technical career within the food industry. This would suit someone who has recently graduated with a food science or microbiology based degree or someone with some food industry experience in a Technical environment.
Key Skills / Education:
- Food Science or similar type degree (preferred)
- English, Maths and a scientific subject at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent.
- Must be computer fluent in particular with MS Word & Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Accuracy & Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Process driven, analytical and comfortable with numbers.
- Highly organised and able to use initiative.
Desirable Skills / Education:
- Experience with SAGE or Proteus
- Internal Audit Qualification
- HACCP Qualification
- Food Safety Qualifications
- Knowledge or Experience of BRC or GFSI Standards
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Undertake general laboratory duties such as:
- Conducting finished product microbiological, chemical and organoleptic testing on finished product, water samples and packaging.
- Conducting environmental monitoring such as ATP swabs, Micro swabs and air plates.
- Media making
- Autoclaving and disposal of laboratory waste
- Reading and interpretation of micro plate results.
- Basic microscopy of samples.
- Conduct shelf life testing and report findings relating to product improvement.
- Organising 3rd party laboratory testing for ad-hoc samples (guidance provided by the Technical Manager).Laboratory stock control and purchase order generation.
- Laboratory record keeping and data entry.
- Daily and Weekly Laboratory Cleaning duties as per cleaning schedule.
- Completion of daily equipment temperature verifications.
- Completion of weekly/Monthly calibration checks of testing equipment on site.Undertake general Technical duties such as:
- Collate and verify CoAs and Tanker Documentation for all ingredients purchased.
- Data logger verification.
- Completion of supplier questionnaires for customers (as required).
- Completion of ad hoc project work. (Guidance provided).
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required for the role (i.e general admin, archiving etc.)
- Provide general support to the technical team
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a package that includes:
- An annual salary of £16 - £18k (Dependant on Experience)
- 33 days annual holiday entitlement
- Access to Perkbox - A service that offers hundreds of discounts and freebies from leading brands.
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- A supportive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.