Laboratory Supervisor York Salary £30-35K Are you an experienced Biochemist with a wealth of skills using ELISA? Do you have experience leading teams and supervising...
Life-Sciences manufacturing supervisor - Early career opportunityWest Midlands - Permanent full time positionCompetitive salary and benefits packageAre you a degree educated life scientist with experience working in a commercial setting? My client is looking for a life scientist with laboratory experience preferably within a commercial environment and who has had supervisory experience. This role would be well suited to an early career life scientist who has gained some supervisory experience to date and is looking to develop this further. You will be working in a regulated production environment ensuring that the team and processes are maintained within designated regulations.
The successful applicant
- You will have a life sciences degree or equivalent experience within a life sciences environment and have an understanding of working with proteins and the basics of immunology
- You will have previously had supervisory / management experience and be able to apply this to a management position with 2 direct reports
- You will have experience working within a laboratory and preferable a production environment
- You will be familiar with following SOPs and potentially developing these to reflect the needs of the department
- You will lead a team of scientists within a production facility and have responsibility for setting the work flow of team members
- You will also have regular one-to-ones with members of your team to ensure the team is cohesive with a clear plan
- Your role will be a mix of management and hands-on work and therefore you must be physically able to manoeuvre product
- You will be organised enough to work with changing priorities and to work with multiple projects a week.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career further and to further your management experience. Please call Oliver on 0121 7288454 for an informal discussion for the role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.