Job Title: Senior MicrobiologistPermamentLocation: ThetfordSalary: Up to £40,000 Are you a Microbiologist looking to build on your Technical Leadership abilities? Do you want to support...
Job Title: Senior Microbiologist
Salary: Up to £40,000
Are you a Microbiologist looking to build on your Technical Leadership abilities? Do you want to support validation studies and implement improvements in the lab with the development of a team? SRG are looking for a Senior Microbiologist to join our client at their site in Thetford, to work on a permanent basis earning up to £40,000 per annum, and join an organisation who are committed to saving and sustaining lives.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Performing detailed observations and data analysis of their healthcare products and pharmaceuticals
- Technical leadership, implementing process improvements with the development of a team
- Testing samples to support validation studies and perform microbiological QC testing techniques
- Create/Revise SOPs and contribute ideas or suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques
- To perform microbiological validations and understand microbiological methods such as sterility assurance, bioburden testing and environmental monitoring relating to the drug and device industry.
- To investigate Out of Specs and trend results, and perform root cause analysis methods
You will be given the opportunity to improve on your leadership skills and build on your past experiences of working with Quality Control testing techniques and equipment validation.
The successful Senior Scientist will have a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Microbiology/Biology or a science related discipline along with experience and working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practice in a microbiological laboratory, preferably along with pharmaceutical standards and regulations.
If this sounds like you and would like to apply or discuss the role further please call Sarah on 01610 868 2249 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.