Job Title: Senior MicrobiologistPermamentLocation: ThetfordSalary: Up to £40,000 Are you a Microbiologist looking to build on your Technical Leadership abilities? Do you want to support...
Scientific Project Lead for Facilities lab specialised in Genomics analysis
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £48,000
Key Skills: Project management, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and other sequencing platforms expertise
Do you have a strong background in Sequencing platforms, especially NGS, combined with the aptitude to set-up and drive project?
If yes, our client, a large research institute with its own service facilities in sequencing, would be the ideal match to your skills. The institute is based in the Norfolk region and offers sequencing project management to the institute and external clients. Expertise in sequencing and NGS would be used to drive the set-up and processing of sequencing projects, keep to budget and communicate with colleagues and clients to ensure timely delivery of high quality data.
The project lead will need to assist with quoting, forecasting services, advising on technical applications, analysis of data and ensuring adherence to good practice. The role will assist in the day-to-day work of the samples process, maintenance of customer database, promotion of the service by attending events.
The role will have some travelling and could involve work outside main working hours very occasionally.
To be considered for this role you will hold the following experience and key skills:
- PhD or equivalent in Biological Sciences or a related field (E)
- Expertise in NGS and Bioinformatics workflows (E)
- Excellent laboratory work experience, troubleshooting skills and ability to self-organise (E)
- Proven record of project management, scientific communication and collaboration (E)
- Experience of working in a customer-facing environment (D)
- Experience of CRM and LIMS (D)
- Experience of using project software application (D)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.