Laboratory Technician (Quality Control)Do you have some exposure to an industry-based laboratory within the QC or quality team? Do you have some skills in sample...
QC Technician required, based in Lancashire.
Title: QC Technician
Salary: £22,000 Negotiable
SRG is working exclusively with a leading manufacturer specialising in the development and manufacture of sealants and paints. As a result of continued growth and expansion, they are looking to appoint a QC Technician to join their small laboratory team. This role would be a fantastic opportunity for someone with some work experience, perhaps looking for their second role or more experienced QC Technician who has worked in the chemical industry.
Benefits: Excellent opportunity to join an established, thriving business that is enjoying impressive growth year on year. Full training provided, 25 holiday allowance + 8 bank holidays, Flexible working hours - 35 per week, career path into management for the right person.
Working as a part of a small lab team you will be:
- Undertaking physical and wet testing on manufactured finished goods to ensure that they meet requirements, ensuring reliability and precision of test results - Viscosity, moisture, titrations etc.
- Interpreting results to offer effective feedback on production issues
- Testing customer return samples in a timely manner
- Updating the database
- Maintaining lab and lab equipment ensuring all calibrations and certificates are kept up to date
- Filing quality control records, retained samples, service samples and forms, raw material forms, calibrations record, C of As etc.
- Liaising with manufacturing to troubleshoot issues
- Maintaining work and test results in line with the company Quality Procedure
- Adhering to company health, safety, environmental and ethical policies
- Play an active part in the SHEQ team following all relevant internal procedures
- Disposing of test residues, ensuring a clean and safe environment
- Min of A Levels or HNC Chemistry
- Previous experience of working in an industrial laboratory
- Experienced applicants must have experience of QC testing industrial chemical products
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Thorough, with good attention to detail
- Good ethics
- Driving licence - prepared to pass a forklift truck test within year one
- IT Literate
- Able to work in a team
This role would be an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team in a growing company, with good opportunities for progression.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call 0161 868 2216 or mail If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
QC testing, physical testing
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.