Are you a molecular biologist with experience using phage display?Do you have expertise in the running of in-vitro pharmacology assays within anti-bacterials?Are you looking for...
Research Scientist - Molecular Biology
This is an integral role, supporting a core element of a busy and growing team of Molecular Biologists at an innovative therapeutics organisation based in Cambridgeshire.
If you want to be bench-based, have a background in protein purification, Phage display and with strong molecular biology experience then read on...
Key role requirements will include but are not limited to:
- Incorporating molecular biology techniques in the preparation of reagents, such as: electroporation, DNA plasmid extraction and purification, protein purification
- Running of assays to act as quality control of samples, including: SDS- PAGE, Western Blot, agarose DNA gel analysis
- Quantification of result through UV absorbance
- Biochemical assays
- Use of Lab-books (Dotmatics) to record and interrogate data
- BSc in a relevant biology or chemistry discipline
- Proven work history within a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- In-depth experience of using PCR and cloning in the molecular biology sphere
- Working knowledge of Phage-display (another display technology would be considered)
- Appreciation of biochemical in vitro assays
- Good independent experimental ability- able to plan with consistent rationale, explain methodology, analyse and extrapolate findings
- Exemplary interpersonal skills - able to influence, communicate well in both writing and verbally and work effectively in a multidisciplinary setting
- Strong work ethic and integrity
Does this sound like the next stage in your molecular biology career?
Do you see yourself in a bench role?
Does your CV demonstrate that you have used the main lab techniques listed above to a high standard?
Apply now by attaching your CV in Word - or call for further information about this exciting new opportunity.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.